In a nutshell, Marjorie came to us looking for a new bike. She kicked a few tires, but what really helped to hone her search was seeing a bike we had painted for Monica. Once she understood that she could choose her own frame color, as well as any other option she wished, the search turned into a creative collaboration. We often don’t know what the final product will look like when we begin, which is why it’s feels like a trip we take together. Here we are below, arrived at our final destination, and we couldn’t be happier!
- Bike: 2001 Bianchi Brava
- Paint: Spray.Bike Marylbone
- Wheelset: New Mavic Open Pro With 105 hub
- Handlebar tape: Brooks Leather in maroon
- Saddle: Brooks B17 Team Pro Classic in black
- Tires: 700×28 Michelin Dynamic with white walls
We forgot to get any photos of the bike before all the modifications but found this image below in a web search. Minus the rusty spots, it didn’t look a whole lot different.